CAMPUS EDITION – SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY: Josh Dezse, First Base, Ohio State University, @Dezse33
There are few things a girl loves more than a Midwestern guy with great values who loves to grill up some burgers while listening to country music.
First baseman for the Ohio State University Buckeyes, Josh Dezse is all of that and more.
On the verge of graduating with a degree in sports marketing and business, the Columbus, Ohio native answered a few questions for BDB after a weekend in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
1. At what age did you first start playing baseball?
5 years old
2. Did you always know that you wanted to be a Buckeye?
For the most part I always knew. I would take visits to other universities but it never felt like they fit. Everything about Ohio State just clicks.
3. Up until this point, what is your proudest achievement in both on the field and off?
On the field would be getting voted captain this year. That was a huge honor for me. Off the field is one semester away from graduating and finally getting my diploma from OSU. To say that I will be an OSU alum is a dream.
4. Who were your baseball idols while growing up?
Was and still is Justin Verlander/Randy Johnson
5. What’s the best advice any of your coaches gave you?
have a short memory while playing the game. Baseball is a game of failures in which you fail 7 out of 10 times. If you never forget your failures you’ll never be able to succeed.
6. What are the top 5 songs on your iPod right now or your go-to Pandora station?
Go-to Pandora station is Today’s Country Hits. Love country music.
7. What do you do to pump yourself up starting first thing in the morning on game day?
Really doesn’t take much to pump me up to put on the uniform. If I had to say one thing it would be make a good breakfast.
8. Baseball players can be superstitious. What’s the one superstition readers would find “strange”?
I have worn the same uniform belt everyday for the last four years of baseball. Seems weird but it may be a lucky belt.
9. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Entertaining, outgoing, personable
10. How would your teammates describe you in three words?
(I asked my teammates this and they said) Tall, Handsome, and mysterious HA
11. What’s your nickname in the dugout/locker room?
12. What movie would we find in your collection that you’re most embarrassed of (keep it PG)?
13. But what’s your favorite baseball movie?
14. What opposing team’s field is the most fun to play in? Which one is the worst?
The best field is University of Nebraska and the worst is Northwestern University
15. What’s your walk-up song and why?
“Get Me Some of That” by Thomas Rhett, my favorite country song right now
16. What does the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry mean to you, as a student athlete?
It is the best rivalry in sports. It gives me the chills just thinking about some of the games (not only baseball) that we have played. We compete in every sport and in every education sense. It’s an experience that I’m fortunate to be involved with.
17. Who’s your go-to Woman Crush Wednesday? What about Man Candy Monday?
WCW has to be Kate Upton and I honestly have never done a Man Candy Monday. If I had to pick maybe Mark Whalberg. That guy is the man.
18. What do you want to be remembered for when fans walk in to Bill Davis Stadium and see your picture?
I want them to remember me playing the game hard and knowing how I loved the game of baseball.
19. Favorite baseball team?
20. Who’s your pick to win the World Series – even though it’s only May?
Other than the Indians?? I would have to go with the Detroit Tigers
21. Bonus! Who would you nominate to be our next Sports Babe Of The Day?
Joel Fisher, catcher at Michigan State University
Being in the best shape, and the best health, is key for any athlete, even in hockey, to compete at the highest level. But, what about the diseases that aren’t so well-known such as pilonidal disease? How does one know where to go when they have a pilonidal cyst? Who does one turn to when they need a cleft lift operation? Then answer is simple, the answer is Evergreen Surgical.