SPORTS BABE OF THE DAY CAMPUS EDITION PRESENTS: Adrian Volpe, #29, Goalie, Brock University Badgers
23-years-old, 185 lbs, 5’11” goalie Adrian Volpe just completed his 3rd year with Brock University’s Men’s Hockey Team. Starting his junior career in 2006 being drafted to the then Mississauga Ice Dogs, he played from 2007-2008 in the OHL, as well he made a brief appearance in the GHL playing with the St.Catharines Falcons. Playing in the GOJHL for the Fort Erie Meteors from 2008-2010, he helped win 25 games, as well as playing in OJHL, in 2010-2011 with the Burlington Cougars, where he left with an impressive 25-5-2 with a 3.43 GAA and .914 save percentage! Since playing with the Badgers, Adrian is known on and off the ice as a class act, who is focused on his game, and his team. He is a determined and humble player who knows how to support his team when they need it most, he puts hard work into both his practices and games. When Adrian isn’t in between the pipes blocking shots, he is busy working out, studying hard and having fun with friends.
In between his busy schedule Adrian took the time to sit down and give us an interview, thanks to our great sports content creators we have it right here!
20 QUESTIONS WITH ADIRAN VOLPE
1. How old were you when you first started playing hockey, who influenced you to start playing?
I was 4 when I first started playing, my dad is the one who first influenced me to lace up.
2. How different is university league compared to the OHL?
The seasons are shorter, and it’s different because you’re a student athlete, not an athlete student.
3. What is one thing that can instantly put you in a good mood?
Probably hanging with the boys.
4. Almost every guy in hockey has a pregame routine what is your and what is your go-to pregame meal?
Pregame meal is pasta and chicken. My pregame routine is to sleep on the couch, and watch Netflix (usually a horrible movie.) Then I go to the rink where I listen to my iPod and not talk to anyone up until game time.
5. What is your major and why did you choose it?
I’m in Canadian Studies, I chose it because it’s aesthetically pleasing
6. If you weren’t playing hockey, what other sport would you be playing?
7. Not all athletes are class acts, with that being said how do you conduct yourself on and off the ice? Do you consider yourself a role model?
Growing up watching older hockey players I always looked up to them, and seeing young hockey players and young kids I now try to conduct myself in the same way those older hockey players did for me, I want to be someone they can look up to on and off the ice.
8. How do you spend your off season?
Working out, and just working.
9. If I looked in your fridge right now, what would I find?
Apples, broccoli, V8, hard boiled eggs, hot peppers, mayo, and bud light.
10. If you could be the DJ in the locker room, what would your 3 go-to songs be?
Can I pick pre-game and post-game locker room jams, because the top 3 go-to songs would be:
Pre-Game: Lincoln Park-New Divide
Pre-Game: Rise Against-Paper Weights
Post-Game Win Song: Everyday America-Sugarland
11. What is your biggest accomplishment in life and in hockey?
My biggest accomplishment in life is attending Brock University. My biggest accomplishment in hockey is getting to play in the OHL and playing for the Brock Badgers.
12. What NHL team did you like growing up, and what players did you look up to?
I like the Toronto Maple Leafs, and I really looked up to Curtis Joseph, and Félix Potvin
13. If you were on deserted island, what are 5 things you would want with you?
I would definitely need a cell phone, water, a tent, a buddy and a toothbrush.
14. Name one embarrassing hockey-related moment?
My more embarrassing moment hast to be running out at the start of the game and falling in front of everyone.
15. What is one piece of advice you’d give to the rookie goalies in the OHL right now?
Work hard, be ready at all times because you never when you’ll get your opportunity to shine.
16. Do you have any guilty pleasures we should know about?
I think 1 Direction is good.
17. Our readers want to know, single, dating or locked-down?
18. How do you like being a part of the Brock Badgers hockey team and community?
I like it a lot, the city is great, the school is awesome and it’s a great hockey program that I am a part of.
19. What do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered for my contributions to the Brock family for future badgers.
20. Who should our next SBOTDCE be?
Brent Vandenberg- Laurier University
HOT SEAT WITH ADRIAN VOLPE
1. Name one player you’ve played with or against that you’re still in awe of?
2. What’s your favourite movie?
3. What’s your perfect meal?
Steak and Lobster
4. Name a unique fact about you that no one else would ever guess about you. (Not hockey related)
I have hidden tattoos.
5. Name a fear you have.
6. Favourite store or designer
7. Favourite city to travel to?
8. What is your favourite show that you follow?
THIS OR THAT WITH ADRIAN VOLPE
1. Chocolate or vanilla?
2. Going to the movies or Netflix?
Going to the movies
3. Beach house or ski house?
4. Long or short hair?
5. Steak or chicken?
6. Bauer or Reebok?
7. Boxers or briefs or boxer briefs?
8. Comedy or action?
9. Home or Away Jersey?
10. Rap or Country?
Winning is everything, and Sports SEO is what can help any athlete, team, organization, or league take their success to the next level.